Monday, July 25, 2011

Movies for fashion inspiration

A lot of styles are inspired and started by celebrity’s and icons. For example the little black dress (LBD) worn and became famous by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tyffany’s.


Last week I got a little bored and wanted to watch a movie. I bumped into a few quite older movies with lovely clothes. I haven’t seen them all, but I want to share my ‘must see fashion-inspiration movies’. I will put a link underneath each movie that you can watch it right away. (do you already know http://www.letmewatchthis.ch ?)

So, first of all:


Breakfast at Tiffany’s
. Blake Edward films this movie in 1961. This movie is very important in the fashion history. The Little Black Dress comes originally from an idea of Coco Chanel in 1926, which was called by the American Vogue as the ‘Ford dress’. It became right away the most chic dress. I like the elegance of Audrey Hepburn, and I totally agree that she’s the trendsetter of this dress.

This time two versions of the ‘same’ movie: ‘Dr No’, filmed by Terence Young in 1962 and ‘Die Another Day’, filmed by Lee Tamahori in 2002. In these movies the bond girl Ursula Andress (1962) and Halle Barry (2002) rise out of the Ocean to seduce the 007 agent. They’re wearing a similar bikini in this scene and thank a part of their fame thanks to this movie.


Dr No: http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-2576-James-Bond-Dr-No


Die another day: http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-1572-James-Bond-Die-Another-Day

For now the last movie is: ‘Witness for the Prosecution’, filmed by Billy Wilder in 1957. In a big part of this movie appears Marlene Dietrich in a trenchcoat to underline that no one can spot with her personality and her clothing style. The trenchcoat is in the same time comfortable and accentuates the body of a woman because of the waste belt.



Witness for the Prosecution: http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-1198-Witness-for-the-Prosecution

Have you already seen a movie? Or do you have another ‘fashionable’ movie? I’m curious to hear it!

Cheherazade is easy, a little black dress is difficult” Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment